- Being a member of AIM is a position of high regard among professionals and CPAs because it means you are one of the best of your business and service. As such, you will be expected to act professionally and epically.
- The core mission of AIM is to grow your business is primarily through the development of relationships with CPAs. If you do not develop business through CPAs or if you have CPA relationships that do not have an opportunity to utilize those relationships to grow your business, chances are AIM is not the right networking group for you.
- You should not assume that there will be immediate return on investment when you become a member of AIM. Although there is the possibility of gaining business directly through other members of AIM, development of relationships with CPAs is something that takes time and effort. And even then, short-term ROI will only come through development of relationships with other members.
- Development of successful business growth through AIM is best attain through consistent involvement in AIM activity. Those that do not participate in events (both the creation and attendance of) as well as chapter meetings and other activities will not build the report they need to have membership trust them with their own clients let alone their CPA relationships.
- Always remember... One, poor client experience is enough to damage not only the relationship with a nearly cultivated CPA relationship but it could also bring the CPAs trust in the referring member. Lack of professionalism, poor communication between members and lack of commitment to developing one strength as a business professional can give not just you a poor experience with pain but other members as well.